The 13th edition of the Windy City Weasels’ signature tournament, the Weasel Moot, will take place Saturday, April 27th and Sunday, April 28th. Tournament rules have been added as an attachment at the bottom of this post.
Where to go
Weasel Moot XIII will be held in the community room of Brian Shelden’s condo building: 400 E Randolph Street, Chicago.
- Public Transportation: Take the CTA to the Clark & Lake stop. Head east on Randolph street for approximately 1 mile along Millennium Park.
- Car, Taxi, or Ride Share: Come to 400 E UPPER Randolph Street and park under the building. Take a ticket & Brian has guest passes that he’ll sell you for cost ($10).
Where to stay
There are a few options for lodging:
- Hotel: We have a room block at the Hyatt Regency at 151 E. Wacker. $169/night for a single or double, $194/night for a triple, and $219/night for a quad. Click here to make a reservation or call (312) 565-1234 and mention “Windy City Weasels Room Block”.
- Hostel: The HI Chicago Hostel has rooms for $40 a night and is 1 mile from the event venue.
- Sharing: If you’re interested in sharing accommodations with other travelers, email email@example.com.
Some local Weasels may also have guest rooms available. Don’t let cost of lodging keep you away. Email us and we’ll find a way to house you!
$40 for registration before March 1st
$45 for registration before April 1st
$55 for registration at the door
Paid-up Weasels get a $5 discount (click here for more info on dues)
Students pay half-price
When to be there
Pre-Tournament Social: On Friday, April 26th at 7:00 PM we will meet up at FTW Chicago. FTW is a “barcade” inside of the AMC River East movie theater complex with an arcade, carnival games, bowling, mini golf, etc. FTW is located at 322 E. Illinois St. Chicago, IL 60611 and is 0.4 miles from the Hyatt Regency room block. After the barcade, the brave and reckless can repeat scenes from the 2016 World Diplomacy Championship and make the 0.7 mile trek to Seven Bar and Restaurant for Karaoke (and preview the tournament Venue at the same time). Seven is located on the seventh floor of Brian’s condo building at 400 E. Randolph Street. Friends, family, and complete strangers are welcome to both events. The more the merrier!
Group Dinner: Sunday, April 28th we will have a group dinner. Details will be coming soon.
Round 1: Saturday, April 27th, 9:00am (registration closes at 8:45am). No end time. Lunch provided. Yay!
Round 2: Saturday, April 27th, 5:45pm (registration closes at 5:30pm). Round will end between 10:30 PM and Midnight. Dinner on you own. Boo!
Round 3: Sunday, April 28th, 9:00am (registration closes at 8:45am). Round will end between 3pm and 5pm. Lunch provided. Yay!
Awards: Sunday, April 28th, 15 minutes after the end of Round 3 (followed by a group dinner at a local restaurant to be determined).
How the tournament will work
All games will be scored using the sum of squares scoring system, and players will be ranked by the sum of their top 3 scores. Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers and the top single-game scorer for each country.
What you don’t know can hurt you
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Also, the place to keep your finger on the pulse of the tournament is the WebEx Teams (formerly Spark) community. For more information or to join, contact email@example.com. This is what most travelers will be using to coordinate meals and between-round activities. Don’t miss out!