Here’s the latest news from the Weasels.
Last Chance to Tune Up!
There are two chances this week to tune up for WDC, and then you’re on your own. On Wednesday night, we’ll hold our regular Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. As of right now, we have 14 people, but the numbers include four first-timers, so we could use a few safeties, just in case. Come on out. Chances are pretty good that you’ll get in a game.
Then on Sunday, Pete McNamara will hold the last house game before WDC at his home in Evanston. The game will start at 11 a.m. and end no later than 7. There’s still one open seat for that game; act fast!
Check out the game openings!
Dreams and Nightmares
Have you ever dreamed that you were in college and about to take a final for a class that you forgot you had? Well, I’ve had a variation on that dream lately. It’s the first round at WDC, and I forgot to bring boards.
Speaking of boards? If you’re willing to let us use one or more for WDC, please let me know. (Wood, plastic or metal pieces only, please.) I have five boards, but we’re going to need at least 10 per round. I think we should plan for 14, just to be safe.
The dates again, in case you’re new to this newsletter, are June 24-26, and we’ll be right downtown at the Roosevelt University’s vertical campus, 425 S Wabash.
We’re still looking for people who are willing to do an airport run or two on Thursday, July 23, or Sunday, July 26. We’re also looking for locals who can help entertain at the welcome party on the 23rd, which will be in the Loop from 8 to 10 p.m. And as noted above, we need boards. If you can help with any of these things, let me know.
WDC will be here in 17 days. Until then, I hope your dreams are pleasant ones.
On Saturday at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, three of our vets answered questions and shared their wisdom about WDC. Then the news guys taught them how to play Diplomacy. Check out the results from Saturday’s action at the Red Lion.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you $10 off the registration fee for the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X, plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your convenience, just use the button on this page. Thank you to the 25 Weasels who have paid up thus far. Check the link below for the complete list of dues-paying Weasels.
- June 8 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 14, including a bunch of new faces. Standbys and spectators would be helpful…
- June 12 at Pete McNamara’s home in Evanston, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 7 p.m. Have six; one more needed for the last house game before WDC.
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Grand Prix Circuit
- World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X: June 24-26, right here in Chicago! (http://windycityweasels.org/wdc2016)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
- Airport Runs. If you’re available to make airport runs on June 23 or June 26, send me an email.
That’s all for this week. See you soon!