Here’s the latest news from the Weasels.
On Wednesday night at the Red Lion, the Weasels will play our 300th game of Diplomacy. If you’re playing, then never surrender, never give up. For Sparta! If you’re not playing, then how ’bout coming out to help us celebrate and/or play on a second board. We currently have 10 signed up. Four more gets us to two boards, but we can also force it with two more.
Check out our game openings for two additional offerings in June: Our Red Wednesday on June 8 and a rare Sunday tilt at Pete McNamara’s home in Evanston on June 12. Get a tune-up in before WDC (June 24-26)!
A Song of Ice and WDC
The Starks have their words, the Weasels have ours: WDC is coming.
The countdown on the website tells us that the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X will be here in 45 days. Have you made your plans to join us?
WDC will be June 24-26 in Roosevelt University’s vertical campus, 425 S Wabash in Chicago. So far, 67 people have said they’ll attend, and 26 of them have taken advantage of the $10 preregistration discount. Those numbers will continue to climb as the days count down.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you $10 off the registration fee for the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June, plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
- May 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 10. Can we get two boards for our 300th game celebration?
- June 8 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have seven. Shall we start on a second board?
- June 12 at Pete McNamara’s home in Evanston, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 7 p.m. Have five for what likely will be the last house game before WDC.
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- DixieCon: May 27-29 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (http://dixiecon.com/)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
- Airport Runs. If you’re interested and available to make airport runs on June 23 or June 26, send me an email.
That’s all for this week. See you soon!