Here’s the latest news from the Weasels.
After a six-week hiatus, league play resumed last week at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, a part of the city known for its German heritage. By game’s end, the entire board was all to familiar with that heritage. Check out the website for the game summary and reaction from observers and players.
Take Me out to the Brawl Game
A total of 35 players have competed in the first 10 games of the 2016 Bar Room Brawl Series. One of Wednesday’s board-toppers cracked the top seven; the other vaulted from seventh place to third.
Check out the complete standings. Each player’s best three bar games count toward the Brawl standings. At the end of the season, the top seven Brawlers, regardless of membership status, will be invited to compete for the 2016 Bar Room Brawl Championship.
Desperately Seeking Hosts
We’d like to work in a couple of weekend games between now and WDC (June 24-26). The Saturdays we’re targeting are May 14, June 4 and /or June 11. If necessary, we’ll arrange to hold a bar game on one or more of those dates, but if you’re able to host, please let me know.
Tomorrow, the World
The countdown on the website tells us that the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X begins in 52 days. Have you made your plans to join us?
WDC will be June 24-26 in Roosevelt University’s vertical campus, 425 S Wabash in Chicago. So far, 66 people have said they’ll attend, and 26 of them have taken advantage of the $10 preregistration discount. Those numbers will continue to climb as the days count down.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you $10 off the registration fee for the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June, plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to email@example.com. For your convenience, just use the button on this page. Thank you to the 23 Weasels who have paid up thus far, including Bryan Pravel. Thanks, Bryan! Check the link below for the complete list of dues-paying Weasels.
- May 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have nine. Can we get two boards for our 300th game celebration?
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- DixieCon: May 27-29 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (http://dixiecon.com/)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
- Tournament Committee. Want to help us put on WDC? Send me an email at email@example.com.
That’s all for this week. See you soon!