Here’s the latest news from the Weasels.
League Play Resumes Tomorrow Night
After a six-week break due to CODCon, league play resumes tomorrow night with another Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. The game will be our club’s 299th.
Our 300th will take place just two weeks later at the Lion on May 11. We already have nine signed up for that one, so two boards is a real possibility. Come on out, shake the rust off in advance of WDC, and help us celebrate another landmark for the Weasels.
The Next World Champ Could Be You!
Two months from today, we’ll crown the 2016 world champion, and it could be you. The World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X will be June 24-26 in Roosevelt University’s vertical campus, 425 S Wabash in Chicago.
So far, nine boards’ worth of players have said they’ll attend, and 23 of them have taken advantage of the $10 preregistration discount. I expect both numbers to climb as we get closer to the event.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you $10 off the registration fee for the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June, plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to email@example.com. For your convenience, just use the button on this page. Thank you to the 23 Weasels who have paid up thus far. Check the link below for the complete list of dues-paying Weasels.
- April 27 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have seven. Standbys welcome.
- May 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have nine. Can we get two boards for our 300th game celebration?
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- DixieCon: May 27-29 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (http://dixiecon.com/)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
- Tournament Committee. Want to help us put on WDC? Send me an email.
That’s all for this week. See you soon!