Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
Vote Early, Stab Often
Many Diplomacy tournaments award a prize to the player who executes the best stab over the course of the weekend. If history had a similar award, surely it would go to Brutus, one of the key conspirators in the assassination of Julius Caesar on the Ides of March in 44 B.C.
Tomorrow night at the Red Lion, we’ll commemorate that dirty deed with a game of Diplomacy. The board is currently full, but standbys and spectators are welcome.
Don’t shirk your civic duty. Be sure to vote first. Then join us at the Red Lion.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Kline!
Last week at the Red Lion, on a board stocked with recent recruits, cagey vet Christian Kline turned in a vintage performance. Check out the game summary and reaction from several players.
Brawl in a Night’s Work
For the third straight month, Red Wednesday action shook up the Brawl leader board. Check out the complete standings in the 2016 Bar Room Brawl Series.
CODCon Is Coming
Our 10th annual CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament tips off in just 26 days. Have you made your plans to join us yet? The event will be April 9-10 at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. Don’t miss this opportunity to tune up for…
…the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X, which is also coming like a freight train. Our second WDC in four years will be June 24-26 at Roosevelt University’s vertical campus, 425 S. Wabash. We’ve got players coming in from Australia, New Zealand, France, the Netherlands and the U.K. for this. They hope you can make it as well.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your convenience, just use the button on this page. Thank you to the 16 Weasels who have paid up thus far. Check the link below for the complete list of dues-paying Weasels.
- March 15 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have seven. Standbys welcome.
Sign up for games here, on Meetup, or by emailing me at email@example.com.
- April 9-10: 10th Annual CODCon Open!
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- CODCon: April 9-10 in Glen Ellyn. (http://windycityweasels.org/codcon10)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
- Tournament Committee. Want to help us put on WDC? Send me an email.
That’s all for this week. See you soon.