Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
Nice Day for a Red Wednesday
We are sitting on nine for this Wednesday’s session at the Red Lion, but guest of honor Jim Burgess, the longtime player and zine publisher from Rhode Island, may not be able to join us after all. It’s not too late to take a run at a second board, but it’s looking more like one.
Keep your eye on the website. In honor of the Ides of March, we may schedule another Red Lion game for the 15th.
The curtain rises on our 10th annual CODCon Open in just 33 days. Have you negotiated your weekend pass yet? And don’t forget about the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X. That’s coming like a freight train, too.
CODCon will be April 9-10 at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. WDC will be June 24-26 at Roosevelt University’s vertical campus, 425 S. Wabash. Both are shaping up to be great events. Hope to see you there!
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to email@example.com. For your convenience, just use the button here. Thank you to the 16 Weasels who have paid up thus far, including Chris Paxhia. Check the link below for the complete list of dues-paying Weasels.
- March 9 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have nine, although guest of honor Jim Burgess is having some health issues and may not be able to attend.
- April 9-10: 10th Annual CODCon Open!
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- CODCon: April 9-10 in Glen Ellyn. (http://windycityweasels.org/codcon10)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
- Tournament Committee. Want to help us put on WDC? Send me an email.
That’s all for this week. See you soon.