Tapping Brian Shelden
Fifteen players came out for Brian Shelden’s Weasels debut. He was one of three brand-new Weasels. They combined for 12 centers, which was good enough for a board-top. Check out the coverage from a banner Red Wednesday at the Red Lion.
The Kids Are Brawl Right
Through six games in the 2016 Bar Room Brawl Series, the leaderboard is filled with fresh faces. Take a look.
Three Is the New Two
In February, Red Wednesday will move to the third Wednesday. We’ll be back at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square on February 17. As always, the game is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. and will end no later than 11. Four players are already signed up. Perhaps we can field two boards again.
Note that we expect to be back to our regularly scheduled second Wednesday in March.
CODCon Dates Set
Our 10th annual CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament will be April 9-10 at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. This will be a great opportunity to tune up for the world championship in June!
The January 30 game at John Gramila’s home in Humboldt Park is full, but standbys are needed, just in case.
Hosts Also Needed
We could also use some hosts for February and March. John’s game filled in just about a week. Yours likely will fill, too, so speak up if you’d like to host a game on a Saturday or Sunday in February or March.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your convenience, just use the button on this page. And please pay up soon. We depleted our treasury when we paid the first installment on the meeting space for WDC, and we have some bills to pay…
- January 30 at John Gramila’s home in Humboldt Park, beginning at 11 a.m. Have seven; standbys needed!
- February 17 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have four; three more needed for the first board.
- April 9-10: 10th Annual CODCon Open!
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- TotalCon: February 18-21 in Mansfield, Mass. (http://www.totalcon.com/)
- CODCon: April 9-10 in Glen Ellyn. (http://windycityweasels.org/codcon10)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
That’s all for this week. See you soon.