Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
We have exactly 14 players lined up for Wednesday night at the Red Lion. That means two boards…but it never hurts to have extra players show up just in case. So, make your plans to join us Wednesday night for dinner, drinks, and Dip if we need you! The games start at 6:30.
CODCon Dates Set
Our 10th annual CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament will be April 9-10 at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. This will be a great opportunity to tune up for the world championship in June!
Hi, Ho, Humboldt
John Gramila will host a game at his place in Humboldt Park on January 30, starting at 11 a.m.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to email@example.com. For your convenience, just use the button on this page. And please pay up soon. We depleted our treasury when we paid the first installment on the meeting space for WDC, and we have some bills to pay…
- Jan. 13 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 14; standbys welcome.
- Jan. 30 at John Gramila’s home in Humboldt Park, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three; need four more!
Sign up for games here, on Meetup, or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 9-10: 10th Annual CODCon Open!
- June 24-26: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- TotalCon: February 18-21 in Mansfield, Mass. (http://www.totalcon.com/)
- CODCon: April 9-10 in Glen Ellyn. (http://windycityweasels.org/codcon10)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
That’s all for this week. See you soon.