Happy New Year! Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
Last Week’s Games
We ended up one player short for last Wednesday’s bonus game at the Red Lion and maybe a few years short for Saturday’s brief game at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview, but both games happened. Check out the game reports.
Closing in on Two Boards
Next Wednesday, we’ll reconvene at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square for the first Red Wednesday of the New Year. We currently need four more players for a second board. The evening will also serve as Brian Shelden’s Weasels debut. Help us give him a warm Weasel welcome!
A New Con by an Old Friend
Big news from old pal Nate Cockerill. He is teaming up with Eric Grinnell to organize a Diplomacy tournament at Lexicon in Lexington, Kentucky. The dates will be April 23-24. More info as we get it. Lexicon will join CODCon and Weasel Moot in this year’s Central Shuffle minor circuit. We’re still waiting on confirmation of CODCon’s dates, so more info on that is coming soon.
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your convenience, just click the button on this page. And please pay up soon. We depleted our treasury when we paid the first installment on the meeting space for WDC, and we have some bills to pay…
- Jan. 13 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 10; need four more for a second board!
- Jan. 30 at John Gramila’s home in Humboldt Park, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three; need four more!
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- TotalCon: February 18-21 in Mansfield, Mass. (http://www.totalcon.com/)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
That’s all for this week. See you soon.