Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
Just Add Players
We’ve scheduled three games over the next few weeks. Now all we need is players to round out the boards.
Next Wednesday, join us at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square as we attempt to squeeze in one more bar game before the calendar turns. We’ll start this one at 6 and will wrap up no later than 11.
A mere three days later, we’ll ring in the New Year at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview with a game on January 2. That one will begin at Noon. (A Hipster-friendly start time: Take note, Peter Lokken, Ben DiPaola, John Gramila and Josh Heffernan…)
And then we will head back to the Red Lion for the first Red Wednesday of 2016 on January 13 from 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11.
It’s an ambitious lineup. Who’s in?
Dues Still Due
Your 2016 dues are now due! Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to email@example.com. For your convenience, just use the button on this link. And please pay up soon. We depleted our treasury when we paid the first installment on the meeting space for WDC, and we have some bills to pay…
- Dec. 30 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6 p.m. until no later than 11. Have one; need six more.
- Jan. 2 at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview, beginning at Noon. Have three; need four more.
- Jan. 13 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have three; need four more.
Sign up for games here, on Meetup, or by emailing War Weasel Dan Burgess (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- TotalCon: February 18-21 in Mansfield, Mass. (http://www.totalcon.com/)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
That’s all for this week. Have a great Christmas. I may skip next week’s edition, so just in case, have a great New Year, too.