Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
Brawl Star Game
The 2015 Bar Room Brawl Championship Game will be held tomorrow at 6 p.m. at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square. The seven combatants, in seed order, will be Ali Adib, Matt Sundstrom, Christian Kline, Jim O’Kelley, Brian Beck, David St. John (alternate) and Chris Kelly (alternate). Kelly won the championship last year, and O’Kelley took the inaugural title in 2013.
We have eight for the undercard game, so that gives us a little cushion in case someone bails. Additional standby players welcome, so drop by the Lion to watch the games and play if needed.
Game in Glenview
Matt Sundstrom plans to host a game at his home in Glenview at the end of the month. The dates he’s thinking about are Dec. 28, 29 or 30. If you have a preference for one of them, let Matt know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dues Still Due
We’re still working out the kinks on the appeal page, but that doesn’t change the fact that 2016 dues are now due. Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off of our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to email@example.com. Check out the appeal page, too, but the PayPal button isn’t working yet. And please pay up soon. We depleted our treasury when we paid the first installment on the meeting space for WDC, and we have some bills to pay…
- Dec. 9 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have eight; need six more for a second board.
- Dec. 9: Bar Room Brawl Championship Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- TotalCon: February 18-21 in Mansfield, Mass. (http://www.totalcon.com/)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
That’s all for this week.