Last weekend was a big one for the Weasels. Read on to learn more.
Jim the White!
Saturday’s Weasel Royale club championship game lived up to its billing. It was a fun, hard-fought affair. When the smoke finally cleared in Spring 1911, Jim O’Kelley was holding his second Bull Weasel title. He also won in 2010, also with the white pieces.
Check out the game summary and the champ’s analysis of three key stabs that paved the way to victory.
Two Kevins and Some Karma
And after a one-year hiatus, the Undercard game returned to #RoyaleDay. Jake Trotta and Brandon Fogel shared topping honors for the regular league game, climbing into second and fourth place, respectively, on the young season. More noteworthy, though, is that the board marked the first time ever that the Kevin O’Kell(e)ys played on the same board. Check out the game report.
Ask Stan Grossman
In all the Royale excitement in last week’s issue, we forgot to report on the Red Wednesday game from the 14th. David Spanos posted the board top, his first with the Weasels, and we also watched Fargo. It was a fun night.
We’d love to line up some winter house games. If you can host in November, December or January, please email us at email@example.com so we can get your game on the schedule.
Dues are Due
We’re still working out the kinks on the appeal page, but that doesn’t change the fact that 2016 dues are now due. Once again, we’re charging $25 for members and $10 for students. Dues will get you a combined $15 off of our two tournaments–CODCon in April ($5) and the World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X in June ($10)–plus eligibility for our season-ending awards and the Weasel Royale. And you’ll also help us maintain the website and keep our Meetup page.
You can PayPal your dues to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the appeal page, too, but the PayPal button isn’t working yet. And please pay up soon. We depleted our treasury when we paid the first installment on the meeting space for WDC, and we have some bills to pay…
- November 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have three; need four more.
Sign up for games here, on Meetup, or by emailing War Weasel Dan Burgess (email@example.com).
- Dec. 9: Bar Room Brawl Championship Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- Carnage: November 6-8 in Killington, Vermont. (http://www.carnagecon.com) I am attending!
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
That’s all for this week.