Here’s the latest news from the Weasels!
When We Say It’s Over
September Diplomacy is over when we say it’s over. We squeezed in a third game last night in Peter Lokken’s backyard in Logan Square. Check out the game coverage. And take a look at these September numbers:
- Three games played.
- 19 unique players.
- Five new Weasels.
Season 11 is off to a great start.
Holland and Head Wounds
And October could be an even busier month. There will be two opportunities to play Dip on Saturday.
Lokken, who is on medical leave while he recovers from brain surgery, wants to shoot for another game on Saturday. Hey, the man is lonely. Do him a solid and sign up to play. The game will start at 11 a.m. and end no later than 6 p.m. If there’s greater demand for a Sunday game, he’ll switch dates. Lonely AND flexible.
Peter’s game last night filled in a record 23 minutes. This one has been up for four hours, and we only have two players, so sign up and make it happen. As a bonus, Peter will show you his wicked cool scar.
For those of you in the suburbs, Tony Prokes will continue his evangelizing. He’s going to host a four-hour game of Wilsonian Diplomacy at the Conception game convention at the College of DuPage. It will be a great opportunity to try out that funky opening you’ve been thinking about. Here’s Tony’s write-up:
Description: You’ve heard of the game. You’ve heard it takes forever to play, you’ve heard it breaks up friendships, you’ve heard it’s all lies and backstabbing. All but the first is LIES! Come on out and play Diplomacy like you’ve never seen it played before. Nobody leaves the table, all orders are written at the same time, and each turn is limited to 5 minutes discussion followed by 2 minutes to write and submit orders.
What: Conception 2015
Where: College of DuPage Student Resource Center
When: Friday through Sunday 10/2-10/4
Costs: 1day $10, 2day $15, 3day $20. Students get $5 off, kids 12 and under are free with a paid adult.
- October 3 at Peter Lokken’s home in Logan Square, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 6 p.m. Have two.
- October 14 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have four.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have six.
Sign up for games here, on Meetup, or by emailing War Weasel Dan Burgess (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- Dec. 9: Bar Room Brawl Championship Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- Tempest in a Teapot: October 10-11 in Silver Spring, Maryland. (http://ptks.org) Dan Burgess is attending!
- Carnage: November 6-8 in Killington, Vermont. (http://www.carnagecon.com) I am attending!
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions. (Ben DiPaola has nibbled on this one…)
That’s all for this week.
This Post Has One Comment
We pulled the plug on Saturday’s game at Peter’s due to lack of interest.