Here’s the latest news from the Weasels!
New Season off to Fast Start
The 11th season of Windy City Weasels Diplomacy opened last week with a couple of games. A total of 14 players participated in the two games.
We got the blood flowing last Wednesday with our Opening Night at the Red Lion. We had a total of 11, although two arrived late and one was just there to watch — though that may change in the future.The first game of the 2016 Bar Room Brawl Series ended in a three-way tie at the top among Matt Sundstrom, Jake Trotta and newcomer Ryan Yates. (And speaking of the Brawl Series, we’ve yet to set a date for this year’s championship game. Lining up seven schedules is a bit like herding cats.)
Check out the coverage of both games.
The next scheduled game is just about a month away — a Red Wednesday at the Red Lion on October 14. So, unless we try to do something at Conception (Oct. 3 or 4 at the College of Dupage) or squeeze in a Chess Pavilion game, things will settle down a bit over the next few weeks.
- October 14 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have three.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have five.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- Tempest in a Teapot: October 10-11 in Silver Spring, Maryland. (http://ptks.org) Dan Burgess is attending!
- Carnage: November 6-8 in Killington, Vermont. (http://www.carnagecon.com) I am attending!
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions.
That’s all for this week.