It’s Opening Week! Read on.
Season 11 to Open Wednesday
We’re closing in on two boards for opening night Wednesday at the Red Lion. Our current count is 12, including five new faces. Please join us if you can.
Pavilion Game Check Mated
The careful reader will wonder why the season didn’t open yesterday with the scheduled game at the Chess Pavilion at North Avenue Beach. Unfortunately, we could only muster five players. We’ll try again in the fall.
Next Sunday’s Game Full…Sort Of
We have our seven for Sunday’s game at Brian Beck’s home in Morton Grove, but there’s a catch–one of the players needs a ride and may not get one.
So, we need either a kind-hearted Weasel to provide a ride or a replacement to bump him out of the game. Anyone?
It should be a fun day in Morton Grove. Brian will be grilling in advance of the game, and there will be NFL games on in every room in the house. Play will start at 11 and end soon after the final football game of the day.
- September 9 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11.This will be Opening Night for Season 11. Have 12. Need a couple more for two boards…
- September 13 at Brian Beck’s home in Morton Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have seven, but need a driver or a replacement player. (See third story.)
- October 24 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have four.
- Sept. 9: Opening Night at the Red Lion.
- Sept. 13: Season’s first house game at Brian Beck’s.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- Tempest in a Teapot: October 10-11 in Silver Spring, Maryland. (http://ptks.org) Dan Burgess is attending!
- Carnage: November 6-8 in Killington, Vermont. (http://www.carnagecon.com) I am attending!
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions.
That’s all for this week.