A slow news week for the Weasels as it’s the calm before the storm of opening week.
Are You Ready for Some Diplomacy?
Ready or not, Season 11 will open next week. Perhaps as soon as Sunday, if we can scrounge up three more players for the scheduled game at the Chess Pavilion at North Avenue Beach. We knew it wouldn’t be easy to fill a board on Labor Day Weekend. If we don’t have seven by Friday, we’ll pull the plug and try to reschedule for a Saturday or Sunday in October.
Regardless, there will be Diplomacy next Wednesday at the Red Lion. We currently have a full board.
Our first house game of Season 11 is scheduled for Sept. 13 to coincide with the NFL’s big opening day. We need two more to make that happen, so why don’t you check your calendar and make plans to join host Brian Beck. He plans to fire up the grill and will have football on in every room in his Morton Grove house.
Hope to see you at one or more of these events!
- September 6 at the Chess Pavilion at North Avenue Beach, beginning at 11 a.m. Have four.This will be Opening Day for Season 11 if we can fill it.
- September 9 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11.This will be Opening Night for Season 11. Have eight.
- September 13 at Brian Beck’s home in Morton Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have five.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have four.
Sign up for games at the website (http://windycityweasels.org/current-games-signup), on Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/wcwdiplomacy/), or by emailing War Weasel Dan Burgess (danburgess67 [at] gmail [dot] com).
- Sept. 9: Opening Night at the Red Lion.
- Sept. 13: Season’s first house game at Brian Beck’s.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- Tempest in a Teapot: October 10-11 in Silver Spring, Maryland. (http://ptks.org) Dan Burgess is attending!
- Carnage: November 6-8 in Killington, Vermont. (http://www.carnagecon.com) I am attending! (And so is ex-pat Ted McClelland!)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or have questions.
That’s all for this week.