Two Pyle into the Royale
Last Saturday’s Weasel Pyle at Castle Brown in bucolic Wayne was a wild one, with two players posting big results to crack the top seven and earn spots in the Weasel Royale club championship game. Mike Morrison wasn’t even in the rear-view mirror when play began on Saturday, but he scored a monster board-top in his first game and shared the top in a second to climb all the way into second place. Don Glass, meanwhile, topped his second board of the year to nab the seventh spot. Dropping out of the running were Christian Kline and Amanda Baumgartner.
Season 10 by the Numbers
We played 28 games in Season 10 with 72 players participating. Here’s how those 72 players break down by season that they first played with the club:
- Season 1: 10 (out of 27, 37.04%)
- Season 2: 0 (out of 25, 0.00%)
- Season 3: 3 (out of 36, 8.33%)
- Season 4: 4 (out of 33, 12.12%)
- Season 5: 5 (out of 28, 17.86%)
- Season 6: 3 (out of 28, 10.71%)
- Season 7: 1 (out of 49, 2.04%)
- Season 8: 3 (out of 25, 12.00%)
- Season 9: 5 (out of 21, 23.81%)
- Season 10: 38
- September 9 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11.This will be the opener for Season 11. Have three.
- September 13 at Brian Beck’s home in Morton Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three.
- Sept. 9: Opening Night at the Red Lion.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The Boroughs: August 22-23 in Marlborough, Massachusetts. (https://sites.google.com/site/boroughsdiplomacy/home)
- Tempest in a Teapot: October 10-11 in Silver Spring, Maryland. (http://ptks.org)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions.
That’s all for this week. And just a head’s up for those of you who make it this far: Newly elected Sneak member Brian Beck will be taking over production of the Weasel Weasel very soon.