Here’s the latest news from the Weasels.
Seeking Candidates for the Sneak
Election season is upon us, and mercifully, our cycle is less than two weeks long. We have three seats up for election this year — the ones currently occupied by Nate Cockerill, Don Glass and me. Don and I will seek reelection; Nate no longer lives in the area and therefore is prohibited from running according to the club charter.
This year’s Bar Room Brawl Series concludes on August 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square. Make your plans to join us for one final shot at a top-seven spot and a berth in the Brawl Championship Game. (The Brawl Bowl?) The championship game will be played at the Red Lion on a date to be determined. We need a few more players to round out the first board. Who’s in?
The Pyle Turns Ten
The season, meanwhile, will end on August 15 at Castle Brown in bucolic Wayne with our 10th annual Weasel Pyle. Make your plans to join us for Dip and the usual merry making. We’ll present the Weasels, our annual club awards; announce the Brawl and Royale bids; elect members to the Sneak; and strike the Regimental Choir. Hope to see you there!
- August 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have four.
- August 15 at Eric Brown’s home in Wayne, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 10 p.m. Have 13; need one more for the second board.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
- Aug. 7-9: North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre.
- Aug. 15: Weasel Pyle Ten.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre: August 7-9 in Philadelphia. (http://philadelphiamassacre.com/)
- The Boroughs: August 22-23 in Marlborough, Massachusetts. (https://sites.google.com/site/boroughsdiplomacy/home)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions.
Dues Are Due
Please note that you must pay your 2015 dues by the start of play at the Weasel Pyle on August 15 in order to qualify for club awards and the Weasel Royale. We’ve kept our rates the same this year. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and–when we think of it–first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal here or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak. Thank you to the 26 Weasels who have paid up so far. We appreciate your support.
That’s all for this week.