It’s crunch time for our Saturday experiment of trying to fill two boards at two different locations. As of right now, we have 12 players lined up for Dip, including two newcomers who contacted us today via Facebook to commit to the Glenview game. Can we come up with two more to make this happen. Anyone? Christian Kline? Sam Bassett? John Gramila? Mike Whitty? Tony Prokes? Anyone?
We need to hit 14 by tomorrow to make this happen. Otherwise we’ll consolidate at one location or the other. Both games are scheduled to start at 11 a.m. Dan Burgess will host one in Downers Grove, while Matt Sundstrom hosts the other in Glenview.
Can we do it? Who’s in? (Note that we currently have five for the Downers Grove game, six for the Glenview game, and one who will play in either location. With the final two spots, we can be a little flexible as to who goes where.)
The Pyle Turns Ten
Season 10 will conclude on August 15 at Castle Brown in bucolic Wayne with our 10th annual Weasel Pyle. Make your plans to join us for Dip and the usual merry making. We’ll present the Weasels, our annual club awards; announce the Brawl and Royale bids; elect members to the Sneak; and strike the Regimental Choir. Hope to see you there!
- July 25 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have five (or six); need two (or one) more.
- July 25 at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have six (or seven); need one (or none) more.
- August 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have two.
- August 15 at Eric Brown’s home in Wayne, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 10 p.m. Have 11; need three more for the second board.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
Sign up for games at the website (http://windycityweasels.org/current-games-signup), on Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/wcwdiplomacy/), or by emailing War Weasel Dan Burgess (danburgess67 [at] gmail [dot] com).
- Aug. 7-9: North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre.
- Aug. 15: Weasel Pyle Ten.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre: August 7-9 in Philadelphia. (http://philadelphiamassacre.com/)
- The Boroughs: August 22-23 in Marlborough, Massachusetts. (https://sites.google.com/site/boroughsdiplomacy/home)
- Database. We still are looking for someone who can convert Matt Sundstrom’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help or have questions.
Please note that you must pay your 2015 dues by the start of play at the Weasel Pyle on August 15 in order to qualify for club awards and the Weasel Royale. We’ve kept our rates the same this year. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and–when we think of it–first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal here or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak. Thank you to the 26 Weasels who have paid up so far. We appreciate your support.
That’s all for this week.