Here’s the latest news from the Weasels on a slow news week.
We’ve scheduled two games for next week, but we need players for both. First up is a bonus bar game at the Red Lion on May 6. A visiting online player will be in town from Milwaukee, and he’s asked us to organize a game for him. We need three more players to fill the board. Who’s in?
Then on the 9th, Dan Burgess will host another game at his place in Downers Grove. Two have signed up so far, along with Dan, who will play reluctantly if necessary but prefers to host. That’s Mother’s Day weekend, so keep that in mind, but hey, maybe you’ll be doing your wife or mother a favor by leaving the house for a full day on Saturday!
Finally, the following Wednesday, the 13th, we’ll host our usual Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. We have 11 signed up for that one, so one to three more and we can field two boards.
The bar games will start at 6:30 and go until no later than 11; the game at Dan’s will begin at 11 a.m.
One Month Left to Book Your Room for Moot
Preregistration for Weasel Moot IX closes on May 28. You have until then to reserve a room at the dorm. Singles will cost $41 per night; doubles, $30. In either case, you’ll be sharing a bathroom with another room. Moot is set for June 13-14 in the Atrium at the University of Illinois-Chicago. You cannot stay at the dorm without preregistering.
The website lists other housing options for those who are done with dorm-style living.
- May 6 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have four; need three more!
- May 9 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three; need four more!
- May 13 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 11; need three more for a second board!
- June 13-14: Weasel Moot IX!
- Aug. 7-9: North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre.
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
- DixieCon: May 22-24 in Chapel Hill. (http://dixiecon.com/)
- Weasel Moot: June 13-14 in Chicago. (http://windycityweasels.org/wm9)
Dues Are Due
Dues for 2015 are now due. We’ve kept our rates the same. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you $5 off at Weasel Moot, eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and–when we think of it–first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal here or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak. Thank you to the 24 Weasels who have paid up so far. We appreciate your support.
The Sneak is looking for someone familiar with Joomla to help with some updates to the back end of our website. Also, we need help converting Matt’s rating system to a searchable, web-based database. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help with or have questions about either project.
That’s all for this week.