We couldn’t get a seventh player (or even a firm commitment from a sixth) for tomorrow’s scheduled game in Humboldt Park, so we pulled the plug on it earlier today. Looks like you’ll have to wait another month for an opportunity to play a Saturday house game this season. Dan Burgess’ Downers Grove game on March 7 is close to filling. We need one more to make it happen, and two more to free Dan for his preferred hosting duties.
Bar Games Keep Filling
Dues Are Due
Speaking of Dan, he sent out the annual dues appeal earlier this week. We’ve kept our rates the same for 2015. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you a discount on our tournament entry fees ($10 value!), eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and, when we think of it, first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal at the website or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak.
Come for the Dip, Stay for the People Watching!
CODCon kicks off in just about two months. This year’s tournament, the ninth installment, will be April 11-12 at the Student Resource Center at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, 425 W. Fawell Blvd. We’ll play two rounds on Saturday with a hard ending at midnight, and one on Sunday. The tournament will end no later than 4 p.m.
We’ll kick things off with open gaming Friday night in either Oak Brook or Downers Grove, and we’ll have an after-party Saturday night in one of those two spots. In previous years, Junta, Imperial, Civilization and Cards against Humanity all have hit the table after hours. For many of us, those gatherings are the best part of CODCon.
Make your plans to join us!
Matt Sundstrom has finished his rating system, and it looks pretty nifty. When I have more time, probably not next week but perhaps the one after, I’ll start sharing some of his work with you. And at some point, we’ll figure out the best place to house all this new information. Cool stuff.
- February 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have eight; need six more for a second board.
- March 7 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have six.
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through December and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar. The next one is Wednesday (Feb. 11)!
- April 11-12: The 2015 CODCon Open!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- CODCon 9 (That’s us!): April 11-12 in Glen Ellyn. (http://windycityweasels.org/codcon9)
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
That’s all for this week.