Here’s the latest news from the Weasels.
Behold, the Saturday House Game!
Five months into Season 10, and we still haven’t had a Saturday house game. So far, we’ve played seven bar games to only four house games. Three of those were on the Fridays of holiday weekends. The fourth was a hybrid house/bar game on a Thursday night. So, for those of you who prefer to play your Dip on Saturdays, it’s been a long and lonely wait thus far. But fear not; that’s about to change.
We posted two new house games over the weekend, and both are scheduled for Saturdays. First up is a game on February 7 at Alpha Weasel John Gramila’s home in Humboldt Park. It will start at 11 a.m. Then a month later on March 7, we’ll play at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove. That one will also begin at 11.
These are the games you’ve been waiting for…so what are you waiting for? Sign up.
And for those who have appreciated our unorthodox schedule this season, keep your eyes on the website. We expect to split those two Saturday games with another hybrid game on a Wednesday night in February.
Get Your CODCon on!
Three months from today, we’ll be crowning our ninth CODCon champion. It could be you, but only if you make your plans to join us April 11-12 at the Student Resource Center at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. As always, we’ll play two rounds on Saturday with a hard ending at midnight, and one on Sunday. The tournament will end no later than 4 p.m. Lots of prizes, plus the usual after-parties in Oak Brook and/or Downers Grove. Hope to see you there!
Veterans Needed for Red Wednesday
We’ve got 14 players signed up for this week’s Red Wednesday at the Red Lion, but 10 of them are first-timers and only two were playing with the club prior to this season. Matt Sundstrom and Peter Lokken are going to need help on Wednesday teaching rules and answering questions. And if we could get three or four of you to sign up, we should be able to ensure two boards even if a bunch of the new players flake on us. If you’re available on Wednesday, please join Matt and Peter at the Red Lion. (I’m trying to find a babysitter as we speak…)
- January 14 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 14. Need reliable regulars to help out and ensure that we have enough for two boards!
- February 7 at John Gramila’s home in Humboldt Park, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
- February 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have one.
- March 7 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three.
Sign up for games here, on Meetup, or by emailing me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through 2015 and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar. The next one is Wednesday!
- April 11-12: The 2015 CODCon Open!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The 2015 NADF Masters Invitational: This biennial event will be this weekend on the Gulf Shore of Alabama. Players who finished in the top seven at a Grand Prix event in either 2013 or 2014 received invitations. Both CODCon and Weasel Moot were qualifying events. Paul Pignotti will be representing the Weasels! Follow along on Facebook. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/NADF-Masters-Invitational-2015/986684204679538?ref=br_tf)
- TempleCon: Feb. 6-8 in Providence, R.I. (http://templecon.org/15)
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
That’s all for this week.