How did it get to be Wednesday? Oh, well, read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
That’s What Brown Can Do for You
On a board bristling with Bull Weasels, Royale also-rans, and a brash new young gun, Founding Weasel Eric Brown showed what he can do for you, and to you, when he decides to play. Check out the game report from Game No. 262, played Friday at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview.
Get Your CODCon on!
Can you believe that this year’s CODCon Open will be our ninth? And it’s just three months away, so now’s the time to mark your calendar and start earning your weekend pass. The 2015 CODCon Open will be April 11-12 at the Student Resource Center at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. Two rounds on Saturday with a hard ending at midnight, one on Sunday. Tournament will end no later than 4 p.m. Lots of prizes, plus the usual after parties in Oak Brook and/or Downers Grove. Don’t miss it!
It could be you. We’ll know soon enough. Bull Weasel Matt Sundstrom is hard at work on a new rating system for the Weasels. His system will take into consideration strength of country and opponents and the recency of results, and involves enough math to make the average layman’s head spin. If you’re interested in stats and ranking systems, then come on out to a Red Wednesday. I’m sure Matt would love to tell you all about his new project.
Make Your Wednesday a Red Wednesday
Hey, speaking of Red Wednesday, we’re closing in on two boards for next week’s event at the Red Lion. Eleven players are currently signed up, and all but two were unknown to the Weasels prior to September 1. So, if you’d like the opportunity to play with different opponents, come on out next week. We need three more.
February’s Red Wednesday event, meanwhile, will be on 11th at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square. Red Wednesdays always start at 6:30 p.m. and end no later than 11. Make your plans to join us.
- January 14 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 11. Need three more for a second board!
- February 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Need seven.
Sign up for games here, on Meetup, or by emailing me (email@example.com).
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through 2015 and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar. The next one is January 14!
- April 11-12: The 2015 CODCon Open!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The 2015 NADF Masters Invitational: This biennial event will be January 16-18, 2015, on the Gulf Shores of Alabama. Players who finished in the top seven at a Grand Prix event in either 2013 or 2014 received invitations. Both CODCon and Weasel Moot were qualifying events. Paul Pignotti will be representing the Weasels!
- TempleCon: Feb. 6-8 in Providence, R.I. (http://templecon.org/15)
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
That’s all for this week.