Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
There’s a New Scourge in Town
It’s a well known fact that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. And when the tree’s laurels include the club’s first Grand Slam and a signature opening, well, you can only hope that his daughters don’t take to the game.
Game No. 261 was played Friday at Pete McNamara’s home in Evanston. Check out whose scion whipped the field, sealed a nickname, and took over first place in the club standings for Season 10.
How the Bowl Bounces
Ring in the New Year with Bowl games and backstabs at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview. Matt’s game will begin at 11 a.m. on January 2. We need four more players to make it happen. Three more if Black Jack is playing.
Make Your Wednesday a Red Wednesday
For January’s Red Wednesday event at the Red Lion, we have one full board consisting entirely of new players who have or will have played with us for the first time this season. Now we’re working on a second board. Come on, Regulars. Help us fill it! Make your plans to join us at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square on January 14. The games begin at 6:30 p.m. and will go until no later than 11.
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The 2015 NADF Masters Invitational: This biennial event will be January 16-18, 2015, on the Gulf Shores of Alabama. Players who finished in the top seven at a Grand Prix event in either 2013 or 2014 received invitations. Both CODCon and Weasel Moot were qualifying events.
- TempleCon: Feb. 6-8 in Providence, R.I. (http://templecon.org/15)
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
- January 2 at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three (or four if Jack is playing).
- January 14 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have eight. Need six more for a second board!
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through 2015 and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar. The next one is January 14!
That’s all for this week. Happy New Year!