Read on for the latest news from the Weasels.
Last week’s Bar Room Brawl Championship Game started in low and then started to grow. By the time it was over, Chris Kelly’s small British empire had grown three sizes that day. For the complete report, head over to the website.
O Come, All Ye Weasels
The post-Christmas game at Pete McNamara’s home in Evanston is full, but standbys are always welcome. The game is set for Friday, beginning at 4 p.m. until no later than midnight. Pete will provide dinner and drinks.
How the Bowl Bounces
Ring in the New Year with Bowl games and backstabs at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview. Matt’s game will begin at 11 a.m. on January 2. We need five more players to make it happen.
Make Your Wednesday a Red Wednesday
We have one board for January’s Red Wednesday event at the Red Lion. Now we’re working on a second. Make your plans to join us at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square on January 14. The games begin at 6:30 p.m. and will go until no later than 11.
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The 2015 NADF Masters Invitational: This biennial event will be January 16-18, 2015, on the Gulf Shores of Alabama. Players who finished in the top seven at a Grand Prix event in either 2013 or 2014 received invitations. Both CODCon and Weasel Moot were qualifying events.
- TempleCon: Feb. 6-8 in Providence, R.I. (http://templecon.org/15)
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
- December 26 at Pete McNamara’s home in Evanston, beginning at 4 p.m. until no later than midnight. Have seven. Standbys welcome.
- January 2 at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview, beginning at 11 a.m. Have two.
- January 14 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have eight. Need six more for a second board!
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through 2015 and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar. The next one is January 14!
That’s all for this week. Merry Christmas!