Chasing the Second Board
Our third Red Wednesday at the Red Lion is this week, and once again, we’re trying to run down a second board. We’re currently sitting on eleven. One more, and we can make a go of it by tapping two to play on two boards. But three more would make life so much easier. And better. So, any takers? Why not join us for some Dip, drinks and holiday cheer this Wednesday at the Red Lion!
So Close We Could Smell the Cheese…
Unfortunately, we had to pull the plug on the Madison game, and we were so close to pulling it together. But now that we know that there’s interest, we can revisit the idea next year.
In the meantime, we may try to squeeze in a game around the holidays. Stay tuned…
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The 2015 NADF Masters Invitational: This biennial event will be January 16-18, 2015, on the Gulf Shores of Alabama. Any player who finished in the top seven at a Grand Prix event in either 2013 or 2014 receives an invitation. Both CODCon and Weasel Moot are qualifying events.
- TempleCon: Feb. 6-8 in Providence, R.I. (http://templecon.org/15)
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
- December 10 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 11. Need one to three more for two boards!
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through 2015 and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar. The next one is December 10!
- December 17, the Bar Room Brawl Championship Game at the Red Lion.
Finally, a big Weasel thank you to the 29 people who paid club dues for 2014. Their support makes so much of what we do possible: The Meetup site, the website, our annual club awards, and the award for the Royale. Thanks, Guys!
That’s all for this week.