Read on for all the latest news from the Weasels.
Doubling down on Red Wednesday
Since last week’s issue, we gained two players for the Red Wednesday event but also lost two, so we’re still stuck on 11. That number includes three more new faces, plus three others who joined our ranks this season. The Wednesday night bar games continue to attract new players. If you’re reading this and are free Wednesday night, we’d love to have you join us. Two boards are better than one.
Deals Available on Black Friday Game
New Bull Weasel Matt Sundstrom will host a game at his home in Glenview on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It will start at 1 p.m. We currently have six signed up, plus Dan Burgess has agreed to be the seventh if we need him, so this game will happen.
However, just because it’s virtually full doesn’t mean you can’t get in on the action. Dan and two other players are willing to sit out in favor of players who live closer to Glenview and/or play less frequently. If we just described you and you want to play, then let us know!
Weasel Moot Update
We are considering June dates for next year’s Weasel Moot. Our first-choice dates are June 13-14, with June 27-28 being the second choice. We’re also searching for a new venue, and availability may affect the dates of the Moot. Stay tuned for more information. We’ll let you know as soon as we finalize our plans.
In other tournament news, the CODCon gaming convention will be April 10 to 12 at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. We will decide soon whether we’ll be going back there for our ninth CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament. Again, stay tuned.
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- TempleCon: Feb. 6-8 in Providence, R.I. (http://templecon.org/15)
- The 2015 NADF Masters Invitational: This biennial event will be January 16-18, 2015, on the Gulf Shores of Alabama. Any player who finished in the top seven at a Grand Prix event in either 2013 or 2014 receives an invitation. Both CODCon and Weasel Moot are qualifying events.
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan.
- November 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 11. Need three more for a second board!
- November 28 at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview, beginning at 1 p.m. Have six.
- December 10 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have one. Six more needed.
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through 2015 and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar.
Finally, a big Weasel thank you to the 29 people who paid club dues for 2014. Their support makes so much of what we do possible: The Meetup site, the website, our annual club awards, and the awards for the Royale. Thanks, Guys!
That’s all for this week.