The Wait Continues
I waited 20 years to play a game of Diplomacy at the Chess Pavilion at North Avenue Beach, so what’s another few weeks or even years? We had to cancel Sunday’s game there because Meghan went into labor Friday night. Jane Kathleen O’Kelley was born Saturday at 12:18 p.m. And probably not for the last time, she forced me to change my plans.
We’ll try to reschedule that game for next month, if the weather cooperates.
Players Needed This Weekend
Tony Prokes will once again run Diplomacy at the Conception game convention at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. Join him on Saturday for a regular league game at 2 p.m. until no later than mdnight. Tony also will run a novice game from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. That one will not count in the league standings. Could be a good opportunity to teach a friend or kid to play.
We need players for both events, so if you’re looking for something to do on Saturday, consider swinging by to join Tony. Conception charge a $15 registration fee.
Red Wednesdays at the Red Lion
Join us the second Wednesday of every month for Red Wednesdays at the Red Lion. We’ll be playing Dip there from 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11 on the second Wednesday of every month clear through 2015. Mark your calendars and come on out.
Peter Lokken will host the first house game of Season 10 on October 2. The game is full, but we can always use standbys.
- September 27 at Conception at the College of DuPage, novice game from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; standard club game from 2 p.m. until no later than midnight. Have two for the novice game and three for the regular game. Need lots more.
- October 2 at Peter Lokken’s home in Logan Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Full. Standbys needed.
- October 8 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have three. Four more needed.
- November 1, the Undercard Game at the Weasel Royale, beginning at 11 a.m. at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove. Have five. Two more needed.
- November 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have one. Six more needed.
- December 10 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have one. Six more needed.
- November 1: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove.
- –Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through 2015 and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get ’em on your calendar.
Finally, a big Weasel thank you to the 29 people who paid club dues for 2014. Their support makes so much of what we do possible: The Meetup site, the website, our annual club awards, and the awards for the Royale. Thanks, Guys!
That’s all for this week.