Our inaugural Bar Room Brawl championship will be decided on Sept. 4 at the Red Lion, beginning at 6 p.m. The championship game will end no later than 11 p.m. That night also will serve as our opener for Season Nine of Windy City Weasels Diplomacy.
The Bar Room Brawl game will feature the top seven brawlers from Season Eight. Their composite scores are based on their best three performances in the season’s bar games. In all, we played 12 bar games in Season Eight, with 38 players participating. The qualifying Brawlers are:
- Matt Sundstrom, 130.68 points in three games. Confirmed.
- Nate Cockerill, 123.29 points in three games. Confirmed.
- Josh Heffernan, 91.55 points in three games. Confirmed.
- Don Glass, 64.37 points in three games. Confirmed.
- Jim O’Kelley, 63.11 points in three games. Confirmed.
- Ted Phillips, 53.52 points in three games. Confirmed.
- Christian Kline, 52.56 points in one game. Confirmed.
The first three alternates for the Brawl, in order, are: Keith Ammann, Peter Lokken and Chris Kelly.
In addition to the Brawl–which will count as a Premiere game, meaning it’s a stand-alone championship game like the Weasel Royale and does not affect the Season Nine standings–we’ll open Season Nine with at least one additional board. Please make your plans to join us for our first Brawl championship and Opening Night.
- Matt Kade
- Ben DiPaola
- Mike Morrison
- Ulysses Peterson
- Mike Whitty