Hopes, Dreams Go Sweepin’ down the Plains
When the wind swept down the plains of last week’s game at Guthrie’s Tavern in Wrigleyville, it carried the aspirations of native Oklahoman Sam Bassett and his fellow Westerners with it. Check out the game report to see what happened and which Season One vet returned to the table for only the second time in seven years.
The website is up for Weasel Moot VII. Check it out for the schedule and other information. The tournament will be June 22-23 at the Holiday Inn in the western suburb of Willowbrook.
Our seventh annual CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament tips off at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn in less than eight weeks. Please make your plans to join us. The dates are April 20-21, and the format will be the same as in past years, with the exception that there will be a hard ending of midnight for play on Saturday. We’ll be making a change to the published start time for the Saturday evening round. Stay tuned for that.
Beware! March Madness is Coming
March Madness begins a week from Wednesday with a game at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square. That night is just the first of six opportunities to play Dip in March. We’ve scheduled bar games in Chicago and Skokie, and house games in Chicago, Des Plaines and Downers Grove. Check out the schedule, consult your calendar, and sign up.
Your 2013 membership dues are now due. Once again, we’re charging $25 for the calendar year, $10 for students. Paid-up members receive a discount at CODCon and Weasel Moot, get first crack at all our game openings, and are eligible for our annual Weasels club awards and to compete in the Weasel Royale club championship game. Your dues help pay for our annual club awards, the Meetup site, our website, and other club activities. Help us out by paying your dues today.
- March 6 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have five.
- March 10 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
- March 16 at Tony Prokes’ home in Des Plaines, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
- March 19 at the Village Inn in Skokie, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have three.
- March 23 at Jim O’Kelley’s home in Little Italy, beginning at 11 a.m. Have two.
- March 27 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have six.
We hope you’ll sign up for one or more games. Take advantage of these opportunities to tune up for CODCon.
- April 20-21: The seventh annual CODCon Open.
- June 22-23: The seventh annual Weasel Moot. Hroom, hroom.