The Guthrie’s game on the 20th has five players signed up. For the mathematically challenged among you, that means we only need two more. Dip, Drinks and the chance to do both with our favorite Oklahoman, Sam Bassett–what’s not to like? I’d sign up in a second if my wife weren’t working late that night. 🙁 It’s Dad and Diapers for me.
Our seventh annual CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament is less than 2 1/2 months away. We hope you’ll join us April 20-21 at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn for the good Dip and better times that have defined our minor tournament.
Please note that our event is moving from the student lounge, our home of the past six years, to a private room. The downside of the move is that we will not have 24-hour access to the room, so we’ll be making a change to the published start time for the Saturday evening round. Stay tuned for that.
Beware! March Madness is Coming
This March, we’re renewing our six-year-old fight to restore the month to its original pastime–backstabbing! We’ve scheduled bar games in Chicago and Skokie, and house games in Chicago, Des Plaines and Downers Grove. Check out the schedule, consult your calendar, and sign up. And consider bringing a friend along. Over the years, March Madness has been one of our best recruiting activities.
Dues Are Due
Your 2013 membership dues are now due. Once again, we’re charging $25 for the calendar year, $10 for students. We’ve already received dues payments from a few of our favorite travelers. Now it’s your turn. Paid-up members receive a discount at CODCon and Weasel Moot, get first crack at all our game openings, and are eligible for our annual Weasels club awards and to compete in the Weasel Royale club championship game. Your dues help pay for our awards, the Meetup site, our website, and other club activities. Help us out by paying your dues today.
- Feb. 16 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three.
- Feb. 20 at Guthrie’s Tavern in Wrigleyville, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have five.
- March 6 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have three.
- March 10 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
- March 16 at Tony Prokes’ home in Des Plaines, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
- March 19 at the Village Inn in Skokie, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have three.
- March 23 at Jim O’Kelley’s home in Little Italy, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
- March 27 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 until no later than 11. Have six.
- April 20-21: The seventh annual CODCon Open.
PS Seriously, we’re nearing a Weasel Moot decision. More info next week. Promise.