Game on for Sunday
We have a firm seven for Sunday’s game at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, which will be our club’s 199th game. Check out the lineup. Burgess currently is our seventh, but we expect to replace him soon to free him for hosting duties, which in his house involves live-blogging the game. Watch the website on Sunday to follow the action.
The NADF will host its second biennial Masters Invitational Jan. 18-20 in New Orleans. Organizer and NADF President Chris Martin issued bids to players who finished on the top board of a Grand Prix event in 2011 or 2012. Weasels receiving bids were:
- Aash Anand (CODCon 2012)
- Amanda Baumgartner (CODCon 2012)
- Craig Reges ( CODCon 2011)
- Jim O’Kelley (Carnage 2011, WAC 2012, CODCon 2012)
- John Gramila (Weasel Moot 2011 and CODCon 2012)
- Matt Sundstrom (CODCon 2011 and 2012)
- Mike Morrison (CODCon 2011)
- Nate Cockerill (CODCon 2011 and 2012, WAC 2012)
- Nick Rohn (CODCon 2011)
- Peter Lokken (CODCon 2012)
The 2013 Grand Prix will kick off Feb. 1 in two locations: WACCon in Seattle on the West Coast, and TempleCon in Providence on the East Coast.
- Dec. 9 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have seven, but that includes Dan, who will give up his spot if you speak up soon.
- Dec. 30 at Matt Sundstrom’s home in Glenview, beginning at 11 a.m. Need three.
- Jan. 12 at John Gramila’s home in the Humboldt Park neighborhood of Chicago. Need five.
Sign up for games at the website, on Meetup, or by emailing your faithful War Weasel (which is now Nate Cockerill, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Watch the website for an announcement about our 200th game celebration.
That’s all for this week.