Cockerill Gets ’em All
Just like the old Weasel proverb, Nate Cockerill got ’em all in Season 7. He led the league with five board-tops en route to a fourth-place finish and a third straight berth in the Weasel Royale club championship, which took place last Saturday at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove. And he topped that board, too, to win his first Chicago title. Congrats to Beefy Nate Cockerill, our 2012 club champion and Bull Weasel.
Check out the game summary and initial player reaction.
Father Knows Best…Finally
Meanwhile, in the Undercard, Mark Weiskircher finally bested his son, Kyle. The past three Undercard board-toppers all qualified for the next year’s Weasel Royale. Mark says he may break that streak, but we wouldn’t bet against him…or history. Check out the game summary at the website.
Possible Shake-Up in this Week’s Schedule
We currently have games scheduled for Thursday in Skokie and Friday in Evanston. Neither game is full. If that remains the case, we may try to combine the two to get a full board Friday night in Evanston. Stay tuned.
- Nov. 1 at the Village Inn in Skokie, beginning at 7 p.m. until no later than 11:30. Need two.
- Nov. 2 at Pete McNamara’s home in Evanston, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 1 or 2 a.m., end time to be agreed up by the players before the start of play. Need six.
- Nov. 14 at the Red Lion, beginning at 6:30 p.m until no later than 11. Need eight more for this bring-a-friend event.
- Nov. 28 at Emmett’s Alehouse in Downers Grove, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Need seven.
- Dec. 9 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11. Need seven.
Sign up for games at the website, on Meetup, or by emailing your faithful War Weasel (which is now Nate Cockerill, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Nov. 14: Bring-a-friend event at the Red Lion.
That’s all for this week. See you next week!