Slow Start to Season Eight
After fielding two boards on Opening Night at Guthrie’s on Sept. 13, we’ve run into some trouble filling games. We pulled the plug on the Sept. 26 Red Lion game, and last weekend at Conception, no one listened as Tony Prokes tried to spread the Gospel.
We should have better luck this week. We’re currently at four for the Guthrie’s game on Wednesday, beginning at 6:45 p.m. It will end no later than 11 p.m. And we already have nine for the birthday game at my place in Little Italy on Saturday. We need five more for two boards. We’ll start at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
The latest issue of Diplomacy World features nine articles about World DipCon at Weasel Moot VI. Check out the coverage. And in case you missed it, episode 18 of the DiplomacyCast podcast includes a WDC recap.
- Oct. 10 at Guthrie’s Tavern in Wrigleyville, beginning at 6:45 p.m. until no later than 11. Need three more for the first board.
- Oct. 13 at Jim O’Kelley’s home in Little Italy, beginning at 11. Have nine; need five more for two boards.
- Oct. 27 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, the Undercard game, beginning at 11 a.m. Need two.
- Nov. 1 at the Village Inn in Skokie, beginning at 7 p.m. until no later than 11:30. Need three more for the first board.
Sign up for games at the website, on Meetup, or by emailing your faithful War Weasel (which is now Nate Cockerill).
- Oct. 27: The 2012 Weasel Royale club championship game and Undercard Game at Dan Burgess’ home in Glen Ellyn.
That’s all for this week. See you next week!