Busy Week for the Weasels
This coming weekend begins a busy stretch for the Weasels of four games in eight days. The fun starts on Saturday at the intimate Conception game convention at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn. Tony Prokes will run standard Diplomacy, beginning at Noon. On Sunday, he’ll run Colonial Diplomacy, again starting at Noon.
This is the same basic formula he followed last year, when he picked up four players at the con. It would help to have two or three Weasels out there to help fill boards. If you’re able to play, let me know, or drop Tony an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Thursday of next week, Oct. 10, we’re heading back to Guthrie’s Tavern in Wrigleyville for another evening of Dip and Drinks. Nate Cockerill and Peter Lokken currently are the only players signed up for the Guthrie’s game, but that’s bound to change.
Finally, we’ll conclude the stretch with at least one board at my home in Little Italy on Oct. 13, my birthday, starting at 11 a.m. The first board is now full. If there’s sufficient interest, I’ll field a second board.
Quick, Shameless Plug
If you have five minutes to kill, check out my sister’s latest project. It’s a web show called "Bitter, Party of Five" that she filmed with four fellow cast members from Roseanne’s failed pilot Downwardly Mobile. The first episode sets the stage for future episodes that look like they’ll be pretty funny. Here’s a link to an article about the show.
Plug Pulled on Red Lion Game
Speaking of plugs, that sucking sound you heard last week was the plug being pulled on our Sept. 26 game at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square. We were two players short of a full board.
- Oct. 6 at Conception at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, standard Diplomacy for beginners and vets beginning at Noon. Need at least six more.
- Oct. 7 at Conception at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, Colonial Diplomacy beginning at Noon. Need at least five more.
- Oct. 10 at Guthrie’s Tavern in Wrigleyville, beginning at 6:45 p.m. until no later than 11. Need five more for the first board.
- Oct. 13 at Jim O’Kelley’s home in Little Italy, beginning at 11. Have seven for one board; can accommodate a second board.
- Oct. 27 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, the Undercard game, beginning at 11 a.m. Need four.
- Nov. 1 at the Village Inn in Skokie, beginning at 7 p.m. until no later than 11:30. Need three more for the first board.
Sign up for games at the website, on Meetup, or by emailing your faithful War Weasel (which is now Nate Cockerill, email@example.com).
- Oct. 6&7: Recruiting weekend at Conception in Glen Ellyn.
- Oct. 27: The 2012 Weasel Royale club championship game and Undercard Game at Dan Burgess’ home in Glen Ellyn.
That’s all for this week. See you next week!