- Sept. 26 at the Red Lion, beginning at 7 p.m. until no later than 11:30. Need four for the first board.
- Oct. 6 at Conception at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, standard Diplomacy for beginners and vets beginning at Noon. Need at least six more.
- Oct. 7 at Conception at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, Colonial Diplomacy beginning at Noon. Need at least six more.
- Oct. 13 at Jim O’Kelley’s home in Little Italy, beginning at 11. Need two.
- Oct. 27 at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove, the Undercard game, beginnng at 11 a.m. Need five.
Sign up for games at the website, on Meetup, or by emailing your faithful War Weasel (until the Sneak can get together to form its government for the new year, that’s still me).
- Oct. 6&7: Recruiting weekend at Conception in Glen Ellyn.
- Oct. 27: The 2012 Weasel Royale club championship game and Undercard Game at Dan Burgess’ home in Glen Ellyn.
That’s all for this week. See you next week!
This Post Has One Comment
As noted in the article on board tops, we started tracking them in Season Four, when we converted to a center-based scoring system from a draw-based system. My thinking is that in a purely draw-based system, the only center counts that should matter are 0 and 18. (Actually, in my opinion, that’s true regardless of the system, but in center-based systems, it makes sense to me to track board tops.) Therefore, I’ve excluded the board tops from the first three seasons. If you feel strongly that the early board tops should be included in the all-time standings and power rankings, then share your thinking below. I can be swayed, and we definitely have the data to report on those first three seasons if we so choose.