Weasel Moot IV is this weekend! Here are five things to do to get yourself ready.
1) Figure out where you’re going.
We’ve moved to a new location. This year’s Moot will be at the Quality Inn in southwest suburban Burr Ridge. The address is 300 S Frontage Rd. Take the Stevenson (I-55) to the County Line Rd exit. Go south on County Line. The first stoplight will be Frontage Rd. Burr Ridge’s hopping Village Center is to the left (east). You’ll be going right (west). The Quality Inn is about half a mile down Frontage Rd.
2) Get a hat for Hat Night. Friday night is Hat Night. We’ll all be wearing hats. Don’t be left out. The best hat wins a prize.
3) Preregister. Preregistration closes Tuesday night. Preregistering will save you $5, $2 if you’re a student. You can preregister using a convenient form or by PayPaling to firstname.lastname@example.org. The preregistration rate is $35, $18 for students. Remember, paid-up Weasels get an additional discount of $5.
4) Get the band back together for the team round. Round 2 on Saturday morning will be the Team Round. Teams of three will compete for top team honors. You don’t have to be on a team to participate in the second round, but why not. Enlist two other players, come up with a clever team name, and compete for the team champion medallions and/or the best team name prize. Teams need to be reported before registration closes for the Saturday morning round.
5) Review the schedule and rules. You’ll probably be just fine without reading these rules in advance, but I thought we needed a fifth item for this list, so here it is.
Okay, see you Friday night. As long as we hold our numbers, we’re looking at a solid four boards per round, with a shot at five boards in one or two rounds. Not bad.