By any measure, our fifth season of Windy City Diplomacy was our best yet.
- We played 35 games of Diplomacy, nine more than our previous high, set the year before.
- A total of 63 players participated, including 28 who were playing with us for the first time, and four who hadn’t played with us in more than a year.
- Thirty-one players played in three or more games; 18 played in five or more.
- We reached 35 paid-up members.
- We played six games during March Madness, tying our previous high for games played in a month, which was set in August 2009.
- We played our 100th and 101st games at Guthrie’s Tavern on June 10.
- Eleven people hosted games, including five for the first time.
- We recorded our first two solos since season 2.
- We recorded our first 17-17 two-way.
- Participation at both tournaments, Weasel Moot and CODCon, increased over the previous year.
- And our season-ending Weasel Pyle reached four boards for the first time.
Thanks for making season 5 such a great year. I look forward to an even better one in season 6, which starts Saturday with the Undercard at the Weasel Royale at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove. (Speak up if you’d like to be a standby for that game. There’s currently a 75 percent chance that you’ll have to play.)