Get your brackets ready–the Windy City Weasels’ third annual March Madness extravaganza is here!
This year, we’re offering three house games on successive Saturdays, all in the Western burbs. March Madness will kick off at Jim O’Kelley’s home in Oak Brook on March 6. On March 13, we’ll be at Dan Burgess’ home in Downers Grove. And the extravaganza will culminate in a two-board session on March 20 at Thom Comstock’s place in Oak Park.
Don’t miss out on the fun or the opportunity to tune up for the fourth annual CODCon Open (April 10-11)! Pick a game or games, and sign up by posting your name in the comments section below or by responding in Meetup!
When: March 13 at 12:30 p.m.
Where: Dan Burgess’ Home in Downers Grove.
What: One board of Diplomacy, plus Tracey’s famous chili and four hand-craft beers on tap!
Where: Thom Comstock’s Home in Oak Park.
What: Two boards of Diplomacy. BYO drinks, players will chip in for food.
This Post Has 16 Comments
1. I am providing some drinks and snacks, but BYO too.
2. Diplomacy will start on time at 11:30. Two boards. Limited spaces get yours now!
3. Have the space until Midnight, so maybe even a third board in the afternoon or a variant.
4. Other board games will be played during and after diplomacy.
5. Not playing Diplomacy, but want to swing by and play citadels, caylus, poker, Power Grid, Race to the Galaxy, DUNE? Etc.,
6. There will be non-diplomacy players present to play other games throughout the day and evening.
You are personally invited.
Parking available in reasonably priced parking lot across the street. Some street parking, good luck.
Easily accessible in downtown Oak Park via Green Line (CTA). And Metra line.
This is a limited time offer. If you don’t get a reply email immediately, keep trying. Because, spaces will go fast, once filled you will be out of luck. Act now.
The game at my place on March 6 is almost full. Only one spot left…
I’d like to join the game on the 6th, if that is possible….
Andy Lischett is in for the March 20 game at Thom’s. We need six more for a second board…
[quote]We need six more for a second board . . .[/quote]
Looks like we need seven more.
1. Who will hold the most Diplomacy games in the month of March? Since it was your Prime Weasel’s Challenge it better be US.
2. IF two or more boards of Diplomacy play on March 20th . . . prizes will be rewarded.
3. I’ve never topped a board according to Jim’s stats, I’ve been eliminated at all of my hosted games, and I’ve thrown two solos in the history of the Weasels . . . you have a good shot at topping if not soloing.
(ONLINE BONUS MATERIAL)
If operators busy, keep trying . . . the first 14 to sign up get a free gift . . . and Belgium.
[b][u]March 13[/u]:[/b] Marty Harris is a possibility. He’ll let me know today or tomorrow. If he’s in, we only need two more…
[b][u]March 20[/u]:[/b] Meetup player Kurt Anders Kugelberg wants in. He’s our first for the second board. All we need is six more…
March activity is picking up. Nick Rohn and Pete McNamara both signed on to the March 20 event at Thom’s. Plus, two Meetup guys are now interested.
Also, Tony Prokes is checking his schedule. He thinks he can do either the 13th or the 20th. And I’m still waiting to hear from Marty.
Who else is in?
Christian Kline is in for the March 20 game at Thom’s.
Zeke D is a likely player for March 20.
And, I’m more than willing to give up my spot . . . the more diplomacy and other board gamers the merrier.
Tony Prokes has confirmed for Thom’s game on March 20. Need one more for 14…and it wouldn’t hurt to have a couple of standbys. A couple of us — Thom and me — are even willing to give up are seats for that welcome standby assurance.
Todd Woodman and Mike Morrison just confirmed for the March 13 game, so that one is at six, counting our reluctant host… 😀
Only three spots left for March 20.
New prizes added to the mix.
You gotta show up and play to win.
I’ll update the listing in the article tonight, but for now, Pete McNamara has signed up for the game on March 13. That one is now at seven, counting Dan, but he’s willing to give up his seat, so speak up if you’re interested.
Amanda Baumgartner and Pete McNamara both regretfully dropped out of the March 20 game, so as Thom noted above, we need three more for a second board. Who’s in?
May Ling and Nathan from Meetup are Maybes for the game on March 20. We need four more players for a second board…
May Ling is out, Nathan from Meetup is in, as are Kevin O’Kelly and a friend. We’re now at 13…