Caesar, We've Got Your Back!
This March, the Weasels will renew our annual campaign to restore the month to its original pastime. Our seventh annual March Madness promotion tips off with a game on Sunday, March 2, at John Gramila's home in Humboldt Park and will feature a game on all five weekends of the month including one on the actual day of history's most famous backstab. Check out the schedule, consult your calendars, and help us ensure that Julius Caesar's back was not stabbed in vain.
CODCon is Coming...
Our eighth annual CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament is early this year. The three-round tournament will be April 5-6, 2014, at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn. It's not necessary to play in all three rounds--although we hope you will--and it only takes one round to qualify for awards, of which there will be plenty: plaques for first through third place and best play of each country, prizes for fourth through seventh, and maybe some special awards.
The Open is the Chicago area's longest-running Diplomacy tournament. It's a fun event, and the con offers some great people watching. I hope you'll join us this year.
You can find more information about our tournament, including the schedule, here. Learn more about the CODCon convention here. When you decide to come, be sure to respond on Meetup here.
Watch for Weasel Moot News
An announcement about Weasel Moot is coming soon. Really.
- Feb. 5 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, starting at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have eight. Can we get two boards?
- Feb. 19 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, starting at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have eight. Can we get two boards?
- March 2 at John Gramila's home in Humboldt Park, starting at 11 a.m. Have 1 for this Sunday game.
- March 8 at the Concentric game convention in Itasca, starting at 11 a.m. Have 2.
- March 15 at Tony Prokes' home in Des Plaines, starting at 11 a.m. Beware! Have 2.
- March 22 at Peter Lokken's home in Logan Square, starting at 11 a.m. Have 2.
- March 29 at Matt Sundstrom's home in Glenview, starting at 11 a.m. Have 1.
- March 2: Our seventh annual March Madness campaign tips off in Humboldt Park.
- April 5-6: The eighth annual CODCon Open Diplomacy tournament at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn.
Eventually we'll get around to mailing our annual e-appeal for 2014 dues. In the meantime, feel free to use the PayPal link we set up for 2013 to pay your 2014 dues. We're still charging $25, $10 if you're a student. Thirteen people have paid up already. Thanks, Guys! Remember, your dues pay for our website, the Meetup site, our annual club awards, and the awards for both the Royale and the Brawl, among other things.
That's all for this week.