Here's the latest news from the Weasels.
Martin Wins Third North American Championship
Chris Martin, the three-time Alpha Weasel, also won the North American Diplomacy Championship for a third time this past weekend at the Philadelphia Massacre. Playing in only three of the four rounds and therefore without the safety net of a drop round, Martin topped all three of his boards to win the championship.
Martin's other North American Championships came in 1998 at DixieCon and 2011 in Carnage. The 1998 championship doubled as the world championship. Martin also won the DipCon Do-Over in 2008 but declined that title for propriety's sake. His Weasel Moot championships came in 2007 (the inaugural Moot), 2011, and 2013.
I'm sure he's equally proud of the shout-out he earned for finishing seventh at this year's CODCon, a feat he managed while playing in only one round.
This year's Bar Room Brawl Series concludes Wednesday at the Red Lion
in Lincoln Square. Make your plans to join us for one final shot at a top-seven spot and a berth in the Brawl Championship Game, which will be played at the Red Lion on a date to be determined. We need one more player to round out the board, but we have a couple of good prospects, so if you want to play, speak up soon.
The Pyle Turns Ten
Season 10 will end Saturday at the annual Weasel Pyle
in Wayne. Please join us! Our guest of honor will be Parisian Laurent Joly, the keeper of the World Diplomacy Database. In addition to the Dip, we'll present the Weasels, our annual club awards; announce the Brawl and Royale bids; elect members to the Sneak; and strike the Regimental Choir. Hope to see you there! (Check the standings here
- August 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have six, but we're closing to pulling in a seventh.
- August 15 at Eric Brown's home in Wayne, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 10 p.m. Have 15, but need to confirm that everyone is still in. Anyway, still time to get in on this great event.
- September 9 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11.This will be the opener for Season 11. Have three.
- September 13 at Brian Beck's home in Morton Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have three.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have one.
Sign up for games here
, on Meetup
- Aug. 15: Weasel Pyle Ten.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
Dues Are Due
Please note that you must pay your 2015 dues by the start of play at the Weasel Pyle on August 15 in order to qualify for club awards and the Weasel Royale. As of right now, only three of the seven Best Countries are currently held by dues-paying members...
We've kept our rates the same this year. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and--when we think of it--first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal here
or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak
. Thank you to the 26 Weasels who have paid up so far
. We appreciate your support.
That's all for this week.