Our Game with Andre
Ali Adib extended his Brawl lead in the series' penultimate match. More important, this season's most active new player continued to bring in new blood. Check out the game summary.
Brawl the Marbles
Speaking of the Bar Room Brawl, we updated the standings through Wednesday's play. The final match will be August 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square. The top seven players at the end of play on the 12th will be invited to participate in the championship game at the Red Lion on a date to be determined. Note that players do not need to be paid-up members to qualify for the Brawl championship. Further note that Nathaniel Olson, the player currently holding down the fifth spot, is moving to Indonesia soon and the guy in eighth, Charlie Sweet, lives in Milwaukee, so it's likely that we could go nine or even 10 deep to fill out the championship game this year.
Bottom line: Sign up to play on August 12 to give yourself a chance.
Royale Date Set
You must, however, be a paid-up member to qualify for the Weasel Royale club championship game. War Weasel Dan Burgess has announced that this year's Royale will be held October 24 at his home in Downers Grove. The event will begin with the power selection ceremony at 11 a.m.
We will once again attempt to field an Undercard Game as part of the festivities. Often in the past, topping the Undercard has proven to be a viable path to the next year's Royale, so claim your spot now.
The Pyle Turns Ten
Season 10 will conclude on August 15 at Castle Brown in bucolic Wayne with our 10th annual Weasel Pyle. Make your plans to join us for Dip and the usual merry making. We'll present the Weasels, our annual club awards; announce the Brawl and Royale bids; elect members to the Sneak; and strike the Regimental Choir. Hope to see you there!
- July 25 at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have four; need three (or four) more.
- July 25 at Matt Sundstrom's home in Glenview, beginning at 11 a.m. Have two; need five more.
- August 12 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have one.
- August 15 at Eric Brown's home in Wayne, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 10 p.m. Have 11; need three more for the second board.
- October 24 at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Wide open.
- Aug. 7-9: North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre.
- Aug. 15: Weasel Pyle Ten.
- Oct. 24: The Weasel Royale and Undercard Game.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- The North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre: August 7-9 in Philadelphia. (http://philadelphiamassacre.com/)
- The Boroughs: August 22-23 in Marlborough, Massachusetts. (https://sites.google.com/site/boroughsdiplomacy/home)
Dues Are Due
Please note that you must pay your 2015 dues by the start of play at the Weasel Pyle on August 15 in order to qualify for club awards and the Weasel Royale. We've kept our rates the same this year. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and--when we think of it--first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal here or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak. Thank you to the 26 Weasels who have paid up so far. We appreciate your support.
That's all for this week.