We've set the dates for Weasel Pyle Ten, our club's happiest tradition. And it will be even happier this year because old friend Laurent Joly, the Parisian keeper of the World Diplomacy Database, will be joining us for the third time.
The event will be August 15 at Castle Brown in bucolic Wayne from 11 a.m. until no later than 10. As always, we'll field at least two boards, and at the end of play, we'll present our Season 10 Awards, the Weasel Royale and Bar Room Brawl bids, and strike the Regimental Choir. Plus, we'll probably recognize outstanding play at the Pyle, just as we've done the previous nine years.
Come see what the fuss is about and judge for yourself whether Eric Brown or Dan Burgess is the better host.
- June 3 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have 8; shall we take another run at two boards?
- August 15 at Eric Brown's home in Wayne, beginning at 11 a.m. until no later than 10 p.m. Have seven; need seven more for the second board.
- June 13-14: Weasel Moot IX!
- Aug. 7-9: North American Diplomacy Championship at the Philadelphia Massacre.
- Aug. 15: Weasel Pyle Ten.
- June 24-26, 2016: World Diplomacy Championship at Weasel Moot X!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- Weasel Moot: June 13-14 in Chicago. (http://windycityweasels.org/wm9)
Dues Are Due
Dues for 2015 are now due. We've kept our rates the same. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you $5 off at Weasel Moot, eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and--when we think of it--first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal here or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak. Thank you to the 24 Weasels who have paid up so far. We appreciate your support.
That's all for this week. Remember to preregister by Thursday!