We've scheduled a bonus night of Dip and Drinks at the Red Lion. Join us May 6 starting at 6:30 until no later than 11 as we entertain a visiting webdiplomacy.net player from Milwaukee. Let's show him why we all love the face-to-face hobby. We need three more players to make this game happen.
Let's Play Two
In honor of Ernie Banks, who died earlier this year, we're pushing hard for two boards at May's Red Wednesday on the 13th. So far we have nine signed up. Who else wants to play? The games will start at 6:30 and end no later than 11.
Moot Preregistration Is Now Open
With CODCon behind us, our focus shifts to Weasel Moot, which this year is just 7 1/2 weeks away. Yikes! Weasel Moot IX will be June 13-14 in the Atrium at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Housing is available in a dorm attached to the Atrium, but only if you preregister, which you may do now. You can get a single room at the dorm for $41 per night or share a double for $30. (In either case, you'll be sharing a bathroom with another room.) The website lists other housing options for those who are done with dorm-style living.
Dues Are Due
Dues for 2015 are now due. We've kept our rates the same. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you $5 off at Weasel Moot, eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and--when we think of it--first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal at the website or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak. Thank you to the 24 Weasels who have paid up so far, including Tony Prokes, whom I forgot to recognize last week. We appreciate your support.
- May 6 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have four; need three more!
- May 9 at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Need seven!
- May 13 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have nine; need five more for a second board!
- June 13-14: Weasel Moot IX!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
- DixieCon: May 22-24 in Chapel Hill. (http://dixiecon.com/)
- Weasel Moot: June 13-14 in Chicago. (http://windycityweasels.org/wm9)
That's all for this week.