Saturday Game On
Looks like we have eight for Saturday's game in Downers Grove, so Dan should be able to focus on hosting, which is what he prefers. Believe it or not, the game will be our first Saturday game of Season 10.
Red Wednesday at the Red Lion
Our next Red Wednesday at the Red Lion will be March 11. We have eight. Only six more for a second board. Who else is in? As always, the games will start at 6:30 p.m. and end no later than 11.
We finally got around to posting the recap from last month's Red Lion game. Check it out. There were only six players, so no one played Italy; nevertheless, she managed to grown the final year.
Dues Are Due
Dues for 2015 are now due. We've kept our rates the same. A regular membership will cost you $25; the student rate is just $10. Dues will get you a discount on our tournament entry fees ($10 value!), eligibility for club awards and the Weasel Royale championship game, and, when we think of it, first crack at our house games. Dues pay for our club awards, the Meetup group, our website, and the Royale award and hosting subsidy. Please consider paying dues today. You may do so via PayPal at the website or by giving cash to a member of the Sneak. Thank you to the 17 Weasels who have paid up so far, including the Chrises Cantine and Kelly. We appreciate your support.
Our CODCon Tournament is Turning Nine!
We're slightly more than a month out from our ninth CODCon Open Diplomacy Tournament. That's hard to believe for a couple of reasons. First, doesn't it seem like we just did CODCon 8? And second, holy shit, this one will be our ninth?!?
This year's installment will be April 11-12 at the Student Resource Center at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, 425 W. Fawell Blvd. We'll play two rounds on Saturday with a hard ending at midnight, and one on Sunday. The tournament will end no later than 4 p.m. on Sunday.
We'll kick things off with open gaming Friday night in either Oak Brook or Downers Grove, and we'll have an after-party Saturday night in one of those two spots. In previous years, Junta, Imperial, Civilization and Cards against Humanity all have hit the table after hours. For many of us, those gatherings are the best part of CODCon and sometimes the reason why the LARPers aren't the only zombies in attendance.
Make your plans to join us! So far, the response is pretty good.
- March 7 at Dan Burgess' home in Downers Grove, beginning at 11 a.m. Have eight, so Dan is our host and standby.
- March 11 at the Red Lion in Lincoln Square, beginning at 6:30 p.m. until no later than 11. Have eight. Can we get six more?
- Remember, the second Wednesday of every month is Red Wednesday at the Red Lion. These games are scheduled through December and will always start at 6:30 p.m. and go until no later than 11, so get 'em on your calendar. The next one is Wednesday (March 11)!
- April 11-12: The 2015 CODCon Open!
- June 13-14: Weasel Moot IX!
Up Next on the Tournament Circuit
- CODCon 9 (That's us!): April 11-12 in Glen Ellyn. (http://windycityweasels.org/codcon9)
- 2015 WDC: May 1-3 in Milan. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500292310187264/)
That's all for this week.